DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 09-21-2017 at approximately 3:15 a.m.
LOCATION: Westbound Domenigoni Parkway near SR-79
- Cal Fire Riverside County responded to a vehicle vs sheep traffic collision at approximately 3:15 a.m.
- Arriving crews located a Ford Explorer involved in the collision and a Toyota 4 Runner with major front end damage and at 15 sheep dead or laying in the roadway.
- According to reports to 911 dispatchers, the sheep were hit by the Toyota.
- More than 40 sheep were located wandering around the location.
- The cause of the collision is unknown at this time.
- At least one driver of the involved vehicles was transported by medical in unknown condition.
- As of 5:20 a.m., cleanup of the roadway is still in progress and traffic on Domenigoni Parkway has been rerouted.
- It’s unknown if alcohol or drugs were a factor in the crash.
VICTIM INFORMATION: At least 15 Sheep.
HANDLING AGENCIES: CHP