DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 11-09-17 10:30 PM
LOCATION: N. Wayside at 7800 BLK of Ley Rd
- At approximately 10:30 HFD, HPD were dispatched to the 7800 BLK of Ley Rd cross street N. Wayside rd for an office involved crash.
- Upon arrival, and undercover officer driving a white Ford Explorer was found with head and arm injuries; officer sustained a concussion, shoulder and arm injuries.
- Undercover Officer was transported to Memorial Hermann Greater Heights By HFD EMS
- Suspected was found with slurred speech and believed under the influence of alcohol or drugs; suspect was transported to LBJ.
- Suspected will be checked by a DWI Unit where he will be later charged and processed at HPD Central.
- It appears officer was traveling west on Ley Rd, while the suspect was traveling North on N. Wayside; suspecte ran the red light striking the unmarked unit on the front driver side.
- Both vehicles sustained heavy damage totaling both vehicles
- Sgt Jose Salazar with HPD, declined to be interviewed on camera but gave a sound-bite disclosing the details surrounding the accident and condition of the Undercover Officer; soundbite at the end of video.
VICTIM INFORMATION: N/A
SUSPECT INFORMATION: Transported To LBJ Hospital
HANDLING AGENCIES: HPD
SOT(s): Sound Given By SGT. Jose Salazar