DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 11-12-17 11:30
LOCATION: Originating Airline Drive Ending 290 Northwest Freeway
CITY: Houston, Texas
- A Houston Police Officer Assigned to the HPD North District observed the suspect vehicle commit a traffic violation and initiated a traffic stop by activating the emergency equipment in their patrol vehicle.
- The vehicle driven by an adult female fled from the Houston Police Department from Airline Drive and Gulf Bank Drive. While fleeing, the vehicle traveled to the North Sam Houston Parkway and the Northwest Freeway.
- Harris County Constable Precinct 5 Deputies in waiting deployed spikes that disabled the fleeing vehicle; the vehicle came to stop on main lanes of the 290 Northwest Freeway, where pursuing officers conducted the felony stop.
- One adult driver and three juveniles were taken into custody.
- Driver stated she fled because she was already in trouble for a recent burglary.
- All suspects were transported to central for processing.
- Further investigation will continue as to the validity of the female drivers statement to officers.
VICTIM INFORMATION: N/A
SUSPECT INFORMATION: In Custody
HANDLING AGENCIES: HPD
SOT(s): Lt. Crowson HPD