DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: Wednesday October 11th, 01:21a.m.
LOCATION: E. Spring St. & N. Cherry Ave.
CITY: Signal Hill
- Three vehicles crashed in the intersection
- One vehicle struck a pole, caught fire, trapping two occupants in the vehicle
- Firefighters quickly extinguished the vehicle, It took firefighters about 20 minutes to extricate the two patients,
- Paramedics transported one of the patients to a local trauma center, the other patient was pronounced dead at the scene
- An additional three patients were transported to local hospitals
- The intersection will be closed for several hours during the investigation
VICTIM INFORMATION: N/A
SUSPECT INFORMATION: N/A
HANDLING AGENCIES: Los Angeles County Fire Department, Signal Hill Police Department, Los Angeles County Coroners Office