DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 1:22 AM, Friday 10-27-17
LOCATION:S Grimmer Blvd between Lopes Ct and Warm Springs
- At 1:22 AM, CHP Hayward officers attempted a traffic stop on a Grey Sedan, Southbound on 880 Near Auto Mall. The vehicle fled from officers and a pursuit ensued.
- CHP Helicopter H30 was in the area, and followed the vehicle overhead, until it crashed about 5 minutes later, ejecting both parties from the vehicle.
- The CHP Helicopter landed, and the Pilot/ Copilot assisted in rendering aid to the occupants, until Fremont FD arrived on scene.
- Both occupants, described as a male and a female, were transported to a nearby trauma center in critical condition according to Fremont FD.
- Unconfirmed reports indicate that the helicopter may have gotten the crash on film
- CHP Hayward Sgt Curtis Glace confirmed the details on the incident. He did not have any information on the possibility of CHP H30 having video of the crash.
HANDLING AGENCIES: CHP Hayward Office