DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 10-8-17 215 pm
LOCATION: 4682 Bancroft St
CITY: San Diego
- Two cars collided #1 is a Dodge with an elderly woman, #2 a Toyota with a younger male.
- #2 then crashed into a fire hydrant and snapped off a hose that was attached construction work.
- The male got out of the vehicle, started screaming at the female, then jumped in his car, and fled, not realizing that piece of metal from the hose was still attached to the underside of the car.
- As he tried to flee, the back axle got ripped up and his car could not drive.
- The male then fled down the alley on foot.
- The Fire Dept. was able to turn off the water as it was beginning to flood onto the street.
- The female said she was injured but then refused medical.
HANDLING AGENCIES: SDFD SDPD