DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 11-14-17 9:00 am
LOCATION: 221 W. 33rd St
CITY: National City
- While commercial semi-truck was backing into a business, one of his diesel fuel tanks made contact with the ground and broke open.
- Approx 30 plus gallons went into the street and towards the storm drain.
- The Sweetwater River and the Sweetwater National Wildlife Refuge is immediately downstream from this storm drain.
- NCFD and SDFD’s HazMat and SD County HazMat were called out.
- They believe they were able to stop and fuel from reaching the storm drain system.
- The street is closed until a commercial clean-up crew arrives and cleans up the spill.
HANDLING AGENCIES: NCFD, SDFD HazMat, SD County HazMat
SOT(s): Fire Captain James Stiles