DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 10-10-17 2:06 p.m.
LOCATION: San Diego Pet Memorial Park 8995 Crestmar Pt.
CITY: San Diego
- SDPD was called to the Cemetery when employees found something.
- The SDFD Bomb Squad was called in and they left at 4:10 p.m.
- They walked out with several bags of evidence.
- They refused to speak with the media.
- The SDFD PIO was called and we were told it was not a bomb, but still, would not divulge any more information at the scene.
- Captain John Wood of SDFD told us after contacting him, that it was an incendiary device and was not properly built to have started a fire. It was found in a building by an employee of the Park.
- The investigation is ongoing.
HANDLING AGENCIES: SDPD, SDFD Bomb Squad