DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 11-8-17 at 9:15 PM
LOCATION: Mardquardt Ave & Rosecrans Ave
CITY: Santa Fe Springs
- A Santa Fe Springs Public Safety officer was flagged down in regards to a vehicle stuck on the railroad tracks
- The officer radioed to dispatch to notify the BNSF Railway as quickly as possible.
- BNSF Railway Dispatcher received notification of incident within a minute of the first report, notified an eastbound freight train with enough time to slow dramatically down.
- A slow speed collision did occur, train stopped shortly after.
- Officers were able to remove the occupants of the vehicle safely out of harms way prior to the collision.
- The rail line, which serves Amtrak, Metrolink, and freight service between Los Angeles and Chicago, was temporarily shut down as crews cleaned up the scene.
HANDLING AGENCIES: Whittier PD, BNSF Railway PD