Update: Around 3:00 AM Saturday morning, officers from the CHP Santa Fe Springs office rolled to the 8400 Block of Donnybrook Circle, where the suspect vehicle was located abandoned on the street with a shattered back window, coinciding to the broken glass seen on the ground at the scene of the stop in Santa Fe Springs. The suspected driver was located at a residence along the 8400 Block of Summerfield Drive in West Whittier. He was given a sobriety test and eventually taken into custody. CHP SFS will be handling the investigation.
DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 10-6-17 8:30 PM
LOCATION: Washington Blvd & Broadway
CITY: Santa Fe Springs
- A CHP officer initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle
- The vehicle took off from the stop, with the officer holding onto the driver’s door
- The male CHP officer was dragged an unknown distance by the suspect before he could be freed
- Officer appeared to have minor injuries, transported by LA County Fire paramedics who happened to be assisting at a rollover crash 500 feet away.
- Unrelated to rollover DUI hydrant multiple hurt crash
SUSPECT INFORMATION: A known suspect vehicle with a license plate by officers.
HANDLING AGENCIES: CHP Santa Fe Springs, Whittier PD, LA County Fire