DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: Saturday, October 7th, 2017 @ 4:53 PM
LOCATION: 625 South Cypress Avenue (Old Cypress Fire Station)
CITY: Santa Ana
- Abandoned historic fire station burns in Santa Ana;
- Fire station dates from the 1940s;
- Registered Santa Ana Historic Property;
- Extinguished by firefighters within 15 minutes;
- Arson being investigated as a cause.
VICTIM INFORMATION: N/A
SUSPECT INFORMATION: N/A
- Orange County Fire Authority
- Santa Ana Police Department
SOT(s): Battalion Chief James Henery, Orange County Fire Authority
SANTA ANA (CNS) – Firefighters quickly put out flames in an abandoned fire station in Santa Ana today, authorities said.
It was reported at 4:59 p.m. in the 600 block of South Cypress Avenue, Capt. Carlos Huerta of the Orange County Fire Authority said.
When firefighters got inside, they found contents on fire and put out the flames within 15 minutes, Huerta said.
No injuries were reported, he said. Damage was estimated at $500 to the abandoned fire station and $50 to contents.