DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 11-03-2017 at 11:30
LOCATION: 19000 block of Grand Avenue
CITY: Lakeland Village (Unincorporated Riverside County Near Lake Elsinore)
- Cal Fire Riverside County responds to a residential structure fire.
- Crews locate the garage fully engulfed with fire in the attic.
- The fire was extinguished in approximately 15 minutes.
- Crews discover a possible meth lab and marijuana grow operation in the residence.
- Riverside County Sheriffs Department and Lake Elsinore PD were called to assist.
- Deputies initiate an investigation of the residence, which is currently underway.
HANDLING AGENCIES: Riverside
SOT(s): CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Battalion Chief, Ty Davis
CNS: LAKELAND VILLAGE (CNS) – A fire damaged a Lakeland Village home, but no one was injured, authorities said today. The fire was reported at 11:27 p.m. Friday in the 19000 block of Grand Avenue and was put out in 40 minutes by 21 firefighters, according to April Newman of the Riverside County Fire Department. There was no word of displacements. A news photographer at the scene said authorities were investigating to see whether the fire was caused by an explosion related to a drug lab.