INDUSTRY (CNS) – A man was in custody Friday after allegedly firing shots during a dispute with neighbors at a trailer park near Industry and then engaging in a non-injury shootout with deputies before surrendering.
The incident occurred about 3:20 a.m. in the 17300 block of Temple Avenue, sheriff’s Deputy Lisa Jansen said. The man’s name was not immediately released.
According to the preliminary investigation, the man allegedly fired shots from a handgun during a dispute with neighbors, and when deputies arrived, he fired shots at them and they returned fire, the sheriff’s department reported. The deputies ordered him to surrender, and he did. The intersection of Temple and Azusa avenues was closed while an investigation was conducted. CNS-09-08-2017 12:07
INDUSTRY (CNS) – A man who was shooting at people at a trailer park near Industry, prompting a harmless deputy-involved shooting Friday morning, is now in custody, authorities said.
The man was not wounded by the deputy gunfire and no injuries were reported, said Deputy Lisa Jansen of the Sheriff’s Information Bureau. The shooting was reported at 3:20 a.m. in the 17300 block of Temple Avenue, she said.
The intersection of Temple and Azusa avenues was closed for the investigation. CNS-09-08-2017 06:00
- FRIDAY 3:10 AM
- 17350 TEMPLE AVE, CITY OF LA PUENTE, COVINA HILLS MOBILE HOME PARK
- LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT, INDUSTRY STATION
- DEPUTIES RESPONDED TO THE AREA ON A REPORTED INSANE PERSON INSIDE SPACE #39
- DEPUTIES CAME UNDER FIRE BY SOMEONE INSIDE UNIT #39
- DEPUTIES FIRED BACK
- SEVERAL RESIDENTS WERE EVACUATED BY RESPONDING DEPUTIES
- ABOUT 15 MINUTES LATER, THE SHOOTER SURRENDERED TO DEPUTIES
- NO ONE WAS STRUCK BY GUNFIRE
- THE AREA WILL BE CLOSED OFF FOR SEVERAL HOURS WHILE INVESTIGATORS PROCESS THE SHOOTING
- INTERVIEW WITH DEPUTY INCLUDED