DATE/TIME OF INCIDENT: 10-12-17 @ 14:50 HOURS
LOCATION: 6 Ashbury Court
CITY: Aliso Viejo
- Two dead, two others injured after suspect opens fire using 9mm handgun;
- Suspect stole one victim’s vehicle, a 2013 Grey Dodge Dart (CA 6XSC622);
- Suspect still at-large, possibly headed towards Los Angeles in the Venice area;
- Motive the shooting unknown;
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.
- One Male DOA
- One Female DOA
- Two Males Transported – Moderate Condition
SUSPECT INFORMATION: Luke William Ferguson, DOB: 08/11/1991(AT-LARGE)
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department
- Orange County Fire Authority
ALISO VIEJO (CNS) – Two people were shot to death and two others were wounded in a normally quiet suburban neighborhood in Aliso Viejo today, authorities said.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Department advised the public to be on the lookout for the suspect, 26-year-old Luke William Ferguson, who is armed and remains at large.
Ferguson is described as white, 6 feet 1 inches tall, 200 pounds and has a tattoo of “90291” on his right shin, authorities said.
The two fatalities were one man and one woman, officials said.
Two men in their 40s were taken to area hospitals, Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Larry Kurtz said. A report from the scene indicated they were in critical condition, but Orange County sheriff’s Lt. Fred Thompson said he could not confirm that information.
The shooting was reported at 2:48 p.m. at 6 Ashbury Court.
Authorities did not disclose Ferguson’s relationship to the victims but ABC7 reported he was believed to be related to at least one victim.
There was no immediate threat to the area, where deputies established a perimeter and remained posted, Thompson said.
Residents needing to reach or leave their homes were being allowed to do so with deputies escorting them, Thompson said.
Anyone who sees Ferguson was asked to call 911 immediately.